Computer Vision Syndrome
Top Remedies For Dealing with Annoying Eye TwitchesEye twitches are commonly known as Blepharospasm. They can be annoying, but they are generally harmless. Involuntary spasms in the muscles of the eyelid causes eye twitch. Eye twitches often occur randomly and infrequently and will last for a period of a few hours up to a few days. Eye Twitches usually disappear on their own and have no long term side effects, very rarely some serious cases may require surgical treatment. Read more about eye twitches.
This article covers
- What Is Eye Twitch?
- Why Does My Eye Twitch?
- When Do I Need To Consult A Doctor?
- Best Eye Twitch Remedies and Treatment Options
What Is Eye Twitch?Eye twitches are commonly known as Blepharospasm, which is defined as the repetitive and rhythmic contraction of the eyelid muscles (which usually affects both eyes). Eye twitches are also less commonly known as Fasciculation, which is defined as the twitching or continuous movement of muscle fiber groups. Sometimes eye twitch is confused with Nystagmus, which is the jerking or jumping of the eye itself. This is an entirely different condition and an optometrist or ophthalmologist should be able to make a proper diagnosis after a full examination. Simply stated, eye twitches are muscle spasms and, like most muscle spasms, they generally have no long term side effects.
Why Does My Eye Twitch?Eye twitches can be triggered by a variety of different factors. Some of the conditions that cause eye twitches are environmental, some are physiological, and some are psychological in nature. Below is a list of some of the more common causes of eye twitch:
- Fatigue or lack of sleep
- Over consumption of caffeine
- Physical or emotional stress
- Anxiety or phobias
- Brain damage or other neurological disorders
- Associated with temper tantrums (especially in children)
- Eye stress associated with extended viewing of the computer screen
When Do I Need To Consult A Doctor?problems at hand. Violent eye twitches may develop into Hemifacial Spasms, which affect the entire side of the face and can make eating and speaking difficult. Eye twitches have also been associated with severe contractions that completely shut the eye and are caused by irritation of the cornea or the membranes that line the eyelids (conjunctiva). Call your physician or optometrist/ophthalmologist if you experience any of the symptoms listed below:
- Twitches that cause your eyelids to completely close
- Experience redness, swelling, or discharge from the eye
- Experience sensitivity to light or vision is blurred
- Twitching extends from the eye to other parts of the face
- Twitches are uncomfortable or painful
- Twitches increase in frequency and intensity
- Twitches do not disappear within a 7 day week
- Twitches are accompanied by a fever
Corrective Eye Surgery
Ideas For Amblyopia
Eye Surgery Cost
Eye Surgery Procedures
Lasik Eye Surgery
Laser Eye Correction
Usage of contact lens is comfortable and is effective in providing the best solution for correction of vision defects. Eye lenses are also available at different color shaped to show up vibrant eye effects turning eye corrective treatment into fashion. Buying Contact Lenses Gas Permeable Lens Colored Contact Lenses
Natural means of caring your eyes lay with the food we intake, the healthier we eat the well nourished and healthy our eyes will look. Drinking more water and juicy food helps to keep the eyes cool and refreshing.